What charity would you like to nominate?
Why have you chosen this charity?
Under occupation in Palestine or in the refugee camps, the living conditions deny many children the basic levels of security, health care, access to education, freedom of movement and basic infrastructure.
Olive Kids does great work to provide financial support, education and medical assistance to children in Palestine, with particular focus on supporting children who have been orphaned.
This organisation is completely operated by volunteers, so every dollar raised actually goes to helping children.
Why is CrossFit your preferred method of training?
So many reasons. I’ll try list a few.
- I find it really motivating to see everyone’s progress in terms of becoming stronger and fitter and learning new skills.
- I have been able to achieve things that I never thought would have been possible for me when I first started crossfit.
- I never get bored because the training program is always changing.
- There is always something different that I could focus on improving…I’m sure everyone has heard me complain about my lack of gymnastic skills.
- I am a bit of a sucker for punishment.
Tell us what you enjoy most about training at NthSide?
- The people are definitely the thing I enjoy most about training at NthSide.
- The coaches are fantastic, they have so much knowledge, patience and are so encouraging and supportive of everyone.
- NthSide has such a fun attitude and such motivating and interesting people to train with.